Saturday, November 13, 2010

Burgers and Shake

I was waiting for the bus earlier today when suddenly i remembered something. I grabbed my phone and started typing.

This may sound stupid but it did made me smile. So let me share my story that happened not so long ago.

When i was 19 i was barely home, I was always out with my friends somewhere. But when I am  home i rarely go out of our house so I don't know all of our neighbors. Plus people see me as a snob, i don't normally talk to people in our street. I do have a lots of friends, they just don't live anywhere near the vicinity, plus I don't like the kids living nearby. For me they're just immature and always fooling around. I'm more fond of talking with older folks, with them you I can get a real conversation. Not just about boys and school.

People would come and go in our street, and it would be months after i realized that they already left. I grew up in the city, in a middle class town. Our neighborhood was full of kids roaming around and people outside their houses chatting and stuff. It was fun, but it was too much for me to handle.

One fine day i went out so see whats going on in our neighborhood, I felt like its been a long time since i take a look around. I was standing in front of our gate watching people do stuff, kids running, some were buying at the grocery store, some were just there sitting and hanging out. 

After few minutes, a childhood friend approached me, we were just standing there laughing and catching up. When suddenly I turned my head and there he was. He was so sexy, i don't know what he was doing, but he looks like he was washing something, i just don't know what it was. I remembered he was wearing a summer shorts and he was half naked. He was kinda sweaty, he was so dreamy. He is tall with light tanned skin and he had an athletic body. His hair was the boy next door type and he looks so mysterious. He looks like Jordan Herrera of the "Power Boys" they we're like a boy band on our time.

I asked my friend if he was new in our town, my friend said that he was just here for few months. He was applying for a job on a cruise ship. I'm friends with his aunt so it feels so awkward and to top that his uncle was hitting on me even though everyone knows he was married. I was just casual when I asked about him, but deep inside i was drooling.

Most of the time when i have a crush, i don't let anyone know about it, just some of my closest friends. And even when my crushes talks to me i tend to be snobbish, I just don't want to see me easy. But in reality I'm screaming on the inside. I know most of the girls are like that.

After that very day, every time when I come home I always look at the window hoping that he would just be there doing whatever. Our house comes before theirs, when i realize what time he passes by, I will sit on the chair next to our window hoping he would take a second look at me. I love the way he smiles, when he does, I feel like it melts all my troubles away.

One Saturday morning, i was doing something outside our house, i looked so dirty when a friend of mine told me that someone wants to meet me and be my friend. I was really puzzled, who could it be? So I asked her, she just pointed her finger on her left and said "Him". I looked at that direction and I saw him he was smiling. I want to fall on my knees that time but I managed to keep my poise. I just smiled back and told my friend that if he wanted to meet me he should have the guts to do that for himself, he doesn't need a bridge or whatever. 

So my friend left and I saw her talked to that guy. After a few moments, I saw him walking to my direction, I don't know what to do, and I'm so not cute at that moment. My hands were dusty and my clothes were dirty. So he came over and introduced himself. His name was AMIN, I think it was short for Benjamin I'm just not sure. He offered to shake my hand but i refused, I told him that I don't want his hands to get dirty. We talked for just few minutes, I told him that I was doing something and he should go. So he took my number and he told me he would call.

That night i was surfing the net and was just getting ready to bed when my phone rang. It was Amin, it was really funny coz we hardly know each other but yet we talked like we have known each other for a long time. I distinctly remember that he told me he was hungry and he asked me if we could grab something to eat. It was almost midnight but then again I agreed to go out with him. So we went out went to a 24 hour burger joint near our place and order burgers and shake.

This "Midnight Dates" lasted for few weeks. I would just sneak out and grab midnight snack, then we would just sit on a gasoline station near our place and talk till dawn, and he would walk me home right after.

Eventually my aunt found out what we were doing, some of our nosy neighbors saw us and told my aunt.  so she told me not to see him anymore. we still talked on the phone though. But i guess the flame just stopped burning. He stopped calling and one day I stopped seeing him. A friend just told me that he got a job offer on one of the cruise ship that he was applying and I haven't heard from him since then.

It was sad.. but maybe it just wasn't meant to be..

No comments:

Post a Comment